I thought about doing a review of my goals for last year along with a list of my goals for the new-year.
I did find one post from last year with a list of goals, but I can’t believe I said I was going to do that stuff. Really, I was planning all that? Well, it didn’t take long for me to forget those were my goals, so we’ll just skip that part of the exercise.
Some nice things did happen last year. On the blogging front I’ve managed to grow my followers from about 800 to just over 1,500. My thanks to all who follow my posts and a big thanks to everyone who takes time to write a comment.
I did get a nice trip to England this year. It was great to see places and people I don’t get to see often. I’ve been mostly healthy all year, except for starting out the year with having to get a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea. I was able to get a lot of stuff done in the workshop this year – even though little of it was planned at the start of the year.
On the writing front, I finished editing my poetry book and started serious work on my novel. I’ve managed to keep my regular posting schedule on my blog, with only a few misses.
Sadly there was the election, which I found disturbing.
I do have things in mind that I’d like to do in the coming year. I’ll list them, but they’re more hopes than actual goals.
- Self publish my cancer poetry book.
- Finish writing my novel.
- Start a new poetry collection and actually submit some to literary magazines.
- Keep doing stuff in the workshop. First project is a total shop reorg.
- Build a new ladder for the kitties (poor dears only have one).
- Exercise more and keep my FitBit happy.
- Participate in a protest march or two.
- Write my elected leaders on a regular basis.
- ROAD TRIP!!!
- Keep this list someplace where I can find it next year.
- Attend a writer’s workshop/conference (do tell if you know of a good one on the west coast).
- Don’t adopt any more cats – the house is full.
That’s a long enough list of things. I will admit to love writing lists – Actually doing the thing on the list, not so much…
Till next week,