Wednesday Woodworking – Marquetry Flowers

I’ve started on a new Marquetry project.  This will be for a clock.  I’m cutting this on the scroll saw.  Just one picture this week:

Flowers and leafs and steams. It’s about 2/3rds done.

If you need me – I’ll be in the shop.

This entry was posted in Marquetry and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Wednesday Woodworking – Marquetry Flowers

Wonderful beginning! Have fun in the shop! 🙂

2. Washe Koda says:

Wow ! Amazing ! My dad used a scroll-saw. Nothing this intricate though 🙂 He used lath and stain 😉 I about cut my finger off 40 yrs ago on a ban saw & have stayed out of the wood shop ever since 😉 🔎 https://washekoda.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/dads-duck1.jpg

Very attractive! Looks both challenging and satisfying to put together.

4. This design reminds me of Japanese woodcut prints at this point in time. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Such talent! I am impressed.

Good luck with it!

7. This is pretty cool to see the steps taken to complete a project, Andrew.

8. Relax... says:

I love Marquetry — and I’m guessing it’s the hardest bit of woodworking one could undertake!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w