Leaving

The suitcases sit on the bedroom floor, with door closed to keep the sight from kitty eyes. Shirts and socks. Shoes and hats with adventure predicted by Wednesday.

I sit at the screen thinking there is so much to do, but not enough time to do it.  Thinking has switched from “what to do before,” to “what to do when I return.”  It such a long way from the screen to adventure.  Such a long journey from here to there.

And I sit here thinking of the comforts of hearth and home – of the joys of family and the warmth of a cat sleeping on my lap.

And yet, I know that when I am back safe in my shop, slowly cutting wood, I’ll wish I’d spent more time there – somewhere else adventuring.

Sometimes you just need to fly beyond comfort and routine.

Sometimes, the world calls and we need to see beyond our walls.

I’ll be away for a while, breathing in new places and new thoughts.

This afternoon as I sit to write I am reminded of the song, “Leaving on a Jet Plane.”  Here’s Peter, Paul and Mary’s version:

I’m not saying where Heather and I are off to – more about the adventure when we return.  Likely I won’t be responding much to this blog, but there are a number of posts scheduled while I’m away.  Ah, the joys of automation.  Talk among yourselves while I gone.

The wind is blowing outside my window and it’s time to be “Leaving on a Jet Plane.”

Peace,

This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Leaving

1. Hubby and I have been off on an adventure of our own, so I’m just now back home and reading your post. Happy Adventuring to you!

2. A safe and inspiring adventure to you both.

3. Oooh. Mystery. So exciting. Can’t wait for you to get back and tell us all about it. And by “it” I of course mean, what you did with the cats while you were away.

4. mitchteemley says:

Have fun, and remember, “Wherever you go, there you are.” ~Buckaroo Banzai

5. I hope your adventure offers lots of delightful surprises and no unpleasant ones. Happy trails to you and Heather, and safe travels!

Wishing you a safe and fun adventure, and that song takes me back…🎵😊

7. Now you’re talking my language! Have a wonderful trip!

8. Bon Voyage, Andrew! I have a sneaking feeling you’ll be in Russia in time for the World Cup. You could have borrowed my England shirt! Never mind.

9. Have a wonderful trip, Andrew. I admire your sense of adventure!

Happy trails and safe travels! I’m on the road too, just for a few days while we look for new digs in our future locale. Catch ya on the other side!

Enjoy yourself! Don’t go anywhere the president would disapprove of, and don’t attempt to smuggle any steel back in your luggage.

12. Pied Type says:

Have a wonderful trip!

13. pommepal says:

Safe travels to you both. Look forward to hearing all about it when you return

14. Ron says:

Do what??? On a plane for what???
    Did you get my permission to go????
    You just wait till you get back!!
    What is this right-winger supposed to do when his favorite writer just ups and takes a vacation??!!*#+[]{}
    No respect…no respect!!😂😎

Looking forward to your next post

Ron

15. Blue skies for you both. Have a safe journey.

16. lorieb says:

have fun!!

Have a grand adventure.

Happy Trails.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w