Since I’ve had restrict my walking around the last week, I went back to my marquetry bench and starting working on my next project. This will use a bird that Heather drew for me and I wanted to do a test cutting before doing the real project with this pattern. When I finished the test I decided to glue it to the top of a Shaker Oval Box I made awhile at a club workshop. Here’s a couple of work in progress pictures.
There’s another marquetry workshop this weekend, so I am hoping to have a different project to show next week. The little things sticking out of the side are toothpicks. The get glued in to help hold the top band on. When the glue dries, I’ll sand these flush.
If you need me – I’ll be limping around the shop,