Wednesday Shop Toys

Before an unexpected phone call, I had received my Christmas present and was setting up three of my new shop tools toys.

First is a track saw:

This saw is used to cut straight lines on sheet goods (plywood) accurately and it’s got a dust collection port so it won’t spray sawdust everywhere.

and this:

actually two things – a new sander with dust port and the collection hose.

This new sander has a better dust collection port.  Better than my old sander.  The black hose is for the dust collection and fits both the sander and saw.

Next time there is a warm Saturday afternoon with no phone calls, I’ll put both of these to the test.

If you need me – I’ll be reading weather reports,

This entry was posted in woodworking and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Wednesday Shop Toys

1. I have a Dewalt sander that is very similar to that one, and I can’t imagine _not_ having it at this point. So good.

2. Nice toys! Hope you get that warm weather soon! 🙂

You’re one person I think should have as many tools as possible! They’re not just a nice collection, you put them to good use!

4. slpsharon says:

Interesting.

5. GP Cox says:

ENJOY YOUR PRESENT!!! I know you’ll make good use of it!

So Santa brought a track saw down the chimney! That’s dedication to the job!

7. Who is that masked man? It’s nice to hear that your new tools have the dust collection ports on them, AND that you are going to use them. They will play well with your other toys.

8. Pied Type says:

The minute I landed here and saw that saw, I knew it had to be new. Not a speck on it. That, or you take extremely good care of your tools. Hope you get to “play” with your new toys soon.

9. Jeff Branch says:

A track saw! I’m jealous.

Nice toys. Every job is easier if you have the correct tools.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )