Wednesday Writing – The other stuff I did

Last weekend was a rainy one so I spent much of the weekend in my office on writing tasks.  I focused on the business of writing.  Getting my book ready for printing, review the contract and other tasks.

Then I continued on cataloging some of my recent poems to finish applications for two poetry workshops I want to attend this year.  These two require you send writing samples and not everyone gets accepted.  I might be aiming higher than my skill level, but working with the instructors at either workshop would be a great help to me.  There was enough in my archives to put together a writing sample and I was able to get both the applications done and sent off.  I have to wait till May to find out if I’m accepted at either.

I did a little office reorg and was finally able to install my new bookcase on my desk and fill it full of stuff.  Now my writing area looks like this:

My new, fully finished, pre-messed up work area.

Well, that’s it for this week and now I have to get back to writing the marketing copy for my book.

If you need me – I’ll be at that desk in the picture.

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Wednesday Writing – The other stuff I did

1. siskinbob says:

A wise man once told me “A Clean Desk, Is A SIgn Of A Sick Mind”. Glad to see that you are in good health …… lol

2. G. J. Jolly says:

A trivial question for you, Andrew: Are your writing sessions better with the curtains to the window closed or open?

• Better them open. I work better with natural light in the room. What you can’t see from the picture is that the widow looks out to a skylight that lets me look up and see the sky. Poets need to see the sky.

• G. J. Jolly says:

I’ve been wondering if I would write better with the blinds closed but I have 3 cats who love to sit on the window sill and stare out at what is going on at there. I’m wondering if the ‘outside’ is too much of a distraction. Whenever I take a moment to think, my head automatically turned to the window pane and what is outside.

3. Deb Farris says:

Andrew, You might have just inspired me to do an application or two. At least to sign up for a conference a friend sent my way. I’ve never been to a writing conference!

4. Mukhamani says:

It looks good and your workspace is a nice place.

I think that organizing paperwork and keeping a desk or writing center “clutter free” needs almost constant care. You look ready to work on your project.

Congratulations on being one of the small handful of people who still have a landline phone.

7. Andrew, that could be my shelves, from the white binders to the knick-knacks in front of books to the flag at the top. Me too.

8. Very nice! Your bookcase is wonderful. 🙂 Best of luck with your applications!

9. Nice area. Do you actually do prolonged writing there . . .or do you move around to an easy chair, or comparable place? Blessings always.

• I do all my writing here on the keyboard. My handwriting is so bad that I can’t even read it, so I do all my writing sessions here. I generally write in one to two hour slots.

I do move to the comfy chair for reading and sipping tea.

Looks like a real writer’s nook. Good luck with that book and all your poetic endeavors. 😊

11. Your work space is very neat, Andrew. Good luck for the poetry courses. I hope you get in.