Wednesday Writing – Just before the Press

Yesterday I got a call from the publisher and the typesetting is complete on my book, There was a Time.  Last night I reviewed the final PDF file for the book and approved it to go the press.  Now they will print a press check copy and send it out for my final approval.

I thought writers had a need for lots of validation and approval for their writing, but wow – publishers are really needed.

Next step is to work on my marketing plan.  I’ve got a few ideas there, but that part of the process doesn’t come naturally to me.

Well, it’s a rainy day here in NorCal and I get to head out into it.

If you need me – I’m trying remember where that umbrella is

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Wednesday Writing – Just before the Press

1. Publishers… who knew? 😉 Congratulations on making it to the next step!

2. G. J. Jolly says:

If you have a digital cover for your book, I’ll be glad to promote your book on the sidebar of my blog. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll tell you how I work this.

After the terrible drought, California had this last year, I hope you’re not thumbing your nose at the rain, even though it’s a hassle to deal with.

• Thank you, I would like that. I am working on the website art this weekend and will let you know when it’s ready. CA is the land of extremes, drought, flood – as long as the lakes are being filled, I’m good with it.

Glad to hear you’re continuing to make progress in your publication! 🙂

How exciting! Honestly, I’m thrilled for you. You’ll have a link for those of us wishing to buy, yes?

5. mitchteemley says:

Rock on, Andrew!

6. frenchc1955 says:

Congratulations!

7. lorieb says:

Congrats! Here in Canada, you can go to your local bookstores and ask them to promote your book. Am sure there must be something similar there. There is a process (forms to fill out etc) and different options for marketing. You can just supply them with books to sell/promote or do a meet and greet/book signing event etc.

• Some bookstores here will do the same, but sadly, due to a number of factors (internet sales, high rents, etc) there aren’t many bookstores left in my area (there’s one used book and on Barns and Noble nearby). But it’s on my list to check them out.

8. George says:

Congratulations, Andrew! This must be a very exciting time for you.

Congratulations!! It’s well deserved!

10. retrodee says:

Congratulations! I’m in NorCal too and couldn’t help but notice the rain as well, but the cold’s what’s really getting to me.

Exciting news! I am sure you are counting the days until the finished copies are ready to go.

12. Pied Type says:

In wetter climates I had several umbrellas — one in the car, one at home, one at the office. I still have one, I think, that I haven’t used since moving to Colorado.

13. Little steps forward.

14. The umbrella–it’s outside under that tree in your backyard. I saw it in one of the photos you posted.

Hmm…