Wednesday Woodworking – Heather’s desk

The weather has finally warmed enough to put me back into woodworking season.  This weekend I completed a desk for Heather.  This will be a new computer workstation desk for her.  It’s a rebuild of her old desk to reduce the size and change the legs to these solid oak legs.  I did cheat a little and used pocket screws to join it together.

Upside down desk to attach the legs.

The piles of wood in the background are cutoffs and bits of junk from past projects.  As they get smaller I find it more difficult to find creative uses for the junk.  At some point, I’ll have to just load this all up and drive it to dump.  Our local dump does have a wood recycling program that accepts some of this.

Next projects include another laundry cabinet and a marquetry piece.

If you need me, I’ll be in the shop,

This entry was posted in woodworking and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Wednesday Woodworking – Heather’s desk

1. I want the tool to do pocket screws! 🙂

2. Looking good so far. Skillzzzz…

This is going to be a beautiful desk, Andrew. I really appreciate that you took a previous “model” and are creating such nice upgrades. I like any form of recycling. 🙂

4. thefolia says:

Happy creating…I wish I could create something from wood, I would be busy with projects around the nest.

5. Ruth Wright says:

Nice desk! And oh by the way, glad to see you online. You have been our most reliable “like”r on our blog and I didn’t see you this week, so I wondered if you were ok.
    — Ruth from WoodlandsAndWaters

6. I just have to agree with Dor, Heather is one lucky lady. 🙂

They recycle wood? That’s smart.
    Lovely desk. I don’t care for those big computer desks either. Nice job, Andrew!

8. momshieb says:

Lucky Heather!!!!

9. Nice looking desk, Andrew. What kind of finish are you going to use?
    BTW: pocket screws aren’t cheating, they are an art unto themselves when done right.

10. Well done, a great desk.

Heather’s a lucky girl

12. Next picture: the desk in situ, filled with exciting geeky stuff.