Here is my progress on the shed demolition. The roof is off and the sheathing is starting to come off. I’ve got three more days to finish clearing this site. If my back holds out, I’ll have pictures of our new shed next week.
The tricky part of removing a roof is to make sure you’re not standing under it when it falls down. I removed shingles and roof sheathing before touching the rafters. The rafters where removed one at a time while I was outside the shed. The trick was to remove the rafters in the right order so that the last two or three would fall into the shed and not on me. It took three days of work to get it to this stage.
The pile of wood in the shed are the rafters. Each still had nails so the next step was removing those and stacking the wood out of the way.
Here you can see the stud wall and inside piles of shingles and other junk that I just threw in here. That needs to be cleaned out and the rest of the sheathing removed. The wall framing will actually come down fast and I expect that the big thing this week is site cleanup and making sure the shed building crew has a clear path to the site with the needed electrical connection.
That’s it for this week on the shed. I’ll have more stuff next week, but if you need me, I’ll be in the shed.