Friday Wisdom – Understand

“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”  Stephen R. Covey, Motivational Writer

Andrew’s mini sermon, “The world would be a better place if we spent more time trying to understand each other, rather than reacting to the latest outrage of the day. Just log off FB, go take a walk, and say hello to your neighbor.”

Look for the peace, light and hope in the world,

This entry was posted in wisdom and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Friday Wisdom – Understand

1. Excellent advice, both.

I second that!

3. Dave Foyle says:

Thank you for your mini-sermon. It seems like today that people “talk past each other”, stating their views, without listening to the other person’s views. I’m mainly thinking of the big issues facing our nation, gun control, health care, immigration….we need to have a “national dialogue” about these things….instead of each side just spitting out talking points and arguments.

What do you think? …oh sorry…don’t have time to hear your answer…. gotta go! 🙂

4. PiedType says:

Covey sure nailed it, didn’t he? I constantly remind myself that CNN is not the real world; my community is.

5. George says:

Great quote and great advice from Andrew..:)
    I think we’d all be happier and more understanding of each other.

6. Carrie Rubin says:

Love this. We need to hear more ‘sermons’ like this, and then we need to go practice them.

7. I’ve started walking my dog daily and have met neighbors who’ve also lived here 30 years I never knew. Amazing.

I wish there were a place to hit “love” instead of “like.” I love this bit of wisdom.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )