Just Wednesday

Between the rainy cold weather, marching and life in general, I’ve not made it out the shop this last week.  So today is just Wednesday.  The only project I’ve completed is making a list of all my elected representatives with their email address and other contact info. I’d share it, but it’s kind of boring.

Heather gave me a great birthday present this morning: A draft copy of my cancer poetry book.  She’s a gifted graphic artist and has been doing the typesetting and artwork for me.  It’s a great gift of her time and talents for which I am always grateful.  I am hopeful it won’t be much longer before it’s ready to buy.

I also realized that five years ago, this week, I was undergoing radiation treatment for prostate cancer.  After all this time, I am starting to feel like it may have worked as there has been no sign of recurrence.  I spent some time last night rereading some of my blog posts I wrote back then.

Here is one that I wrote just after starting treatments: Arrival the Treatment

But now it’s time for a very important project – decide where to go for dinner.

If you need me – I’ll be eating cake.

This entry was posted in General, Health, Prostate Cancer and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Just Wednesday

1. Wow. I’m slow. It’s a BIRTHDAY dinner not a celebration dinner. Can we say both so I’m still safe?

2. Congrats on the five years! Enjoy the celebratory dinner–and cake!

3. inesephoto says:

Happy belated Birthday! Stay well!

4. restlessjo says:

Congratulations on making something so positive out of a life changing event, Andrew. Bet it was great cake! 🙂

5. I’m so happy for you, Andrew. I remember the beginning of this journey which was right after I wrote my book, “En Garde: My Battle With Breast Cancer.” May we both go on to enjoying many more reasons to celebrate!

I took the time to read your earlier posts written upon diagnosis and early Cancer treatment. After all you’ve experienced I’m so glad for you to continue to receive encouraging reports and no recurrence. Your birthday gift from Heather sounds like a very special edition!

7. Happy birthday Andrew! What a great birthday gift from you wife.

8. Congrats and I hope that cake was sweet just like your remission. 🙂

9. A birthday and an anniversary? Seems like that should earn two cakes! Congratulations on getting a bonus round at life. You seem to be using it well.
    Have a wonderful dinner!

10. delphini510 says:

Congratulations on your 5 year mark. Your birthday 🎉. and the thoughtful and loving present from Heather.
    Mirja

11. Congrats on hitting the 5-year mark! I know the relief it brings as I will hit my 12-year cancer free mark this summer.

12. Happy birthday!!!

13. PiedType says:

Yes, I homed in immediately on that magic number — 5. I think I’ll sleep a lot better when I hit that number.

14. davidprosser says:

Happy Birthday, I beat you by a week. Congratulations on 5 years clear. That should be it now
    Hugs

15. Five years–that’s a big point for cancer survivors. Congrats!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )