Saturday Wisdom – Hotels

I’ve been traveling a lot lately to deal with my brother’s situation which means I’ve been staying in a lot of hotels. Here’s what I know about them:

When I got to the front desk they asked me, “Do you have reservations?” I replied, “yes, but I’ll stay here anyway.”

There was a Twitter conference at the hotel and when I checked in the porter said, “Follow me.”

A photon checked into a hotel and when asked if he needed help with his baggage he said, “No, I’m traveling light.”

I was having trouble getting my cell phone to work in my room so I went downstairs – they have reception down there.

Seven star hotels are overrated.

It was a stressful day and when I got back to the hotel I couldn’t remember my room number so I went to the front desk and said, “I don’t remember what room I’m in.” The desk clerk replied, “You’re in the lobby.”

The hotel said it charges $10 per night for running the A/C. That’s not cool.

Why didn’t Godzilla eat the hotel? It was too suite for him.

Lately I’ve been relying on hotels so much that I’m becoming quite Inn-dependent.

There was a convention in town and most of the hotels I use were full so I had to go to my last resort.

It was a bit strange, but I think the hotel receptionist was checking me out.

I was staying at this hotel and there was a great movie one with lots of cowboys, gunfights, and drinking. It was the Best Western.

I asked if I could get a wake-up call. In the morning receptionist called and said, “What are you doing with the rest of your life?

There was this luxury hotel I stay at with towels so thick I could barely close my suitcase.

I was checking into a hotel when the receptionist asks, “Do you want a shower or bath?” Thinking there might be a lower price for one I asked, “What’s the difference?” The receptionist replied, “You have to stand up in a shower.”

Born in California Did the school thing studying electronics, computers, release engineering and literary criticism. I worked in the high tech world doing software release engineering and am now retired. Then I got prostate cancer. Now I am a blogger and work in my wood shop doing scroll saw work and marquetry.
This entry was posted in wisdom and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Saturday Wisdom – Hotels

1. Someone says:

This is the best

2. dfolstad58 says:

Extra great humor in this edition!

3. I know how hard it must be on you to travel so much. I hope things are improving and wish you all the best. Thanks for the smiles. As always, they are clever and fun. πŸ™‚

4. So on point, Andrew! You always make me laugh at your Friday Wisdoms, even when posted on Saturday and read by me on Monday.

5. Dave says:

One of your better lists, Andrew – can’t pick a favorite!

6. Got a good chuckle. Hope your brother is getting better.

7. These were all good ones – thanks for the laughs! I hope your brother’s condition is improving – sending good thoughts your way.

8. kathy70 says:

I know sometimes the routine of our worlds makes it easier to function. Thanks for sharing your delightful humor with us today. Sending good wishes.

There must be a club somewhere in Las Vegas that would give you a fifteen minute spot. You nnever know where it might lead!

10. LOL! Loved these!

11. Silly me. I was hoping for tips! I’ll be traveling in October.

12. Your humor is most welcome, maybe especially during challenging days.

13. Loved them! 🀣🀣🀣

14. Franknbean says:

Some good ones Mr. Andrew.
    Glad to see your posts, always.